How to Write a Guarantor Letter in Nigeria for Job Employment: In Nigeria, a guarantor letter is a document that says that an individual, known as the guarantor, guarantees that someone else will do work or complete an undertaking. The person to whom the letter is written may be making a loan or need time for employment. The guarantor must sign and date the letter before it can be legally used in any court of law.
When applying for a new job, a guarantor letter is needed to give you a stable start to your career. It is difficult for some people to find jobs because they don’t have a guarantee letter. Some employers may not want to hire someone who doesn’t have this letter, but the employee is still able to find a job with the help of their friends or family.
For an employer to know that the employee can be trusted, we need someone else’s word or words as proof of what type of person we are and how dependable we are when it comes time for work. We need someone else’s promises and goodwill to find employment. A guarantor letter is also needed to accompany our application and other documents for us to be employed by anyone.
The guarantor is the person who gives his word or promises that you will be working hard and will not be slacking at work or causing problems while working. They claim that they can guarantee any employer’s goal because you are dependable and hardworking.
A guarantor is someone who promises to repay a loan with interest if the borrower does not. The guarantor is therefore an intermediary between the lender and the borrower.
A guarantor letter for employment is used when someone needs a trustworthy person to stand in for him or her in case of an emergency.
A guarantor letter can also be used if someone wants to sell a business and need time off to attend meetings concerning the sale of the business or to travel to some other part of Nigeria.
How to Write a Guarantor Letter in Nigeria for Job Employment
The following are the steps to writing a Guarantor letter for a job in Nigeria:
- Get an original letter from the person you are going to guarantee.
- Make sure it is notarized.
- Fill in the name of your company (if you have any) or work place( if you are a senior executive).
- Ask questions about the job offer
- Use strong terms to boost confidence of potential employers.
- Submit the letter to the potential employer.
An employed person tries to secure a better job by trying out new companies to work with, but the problem is finding a guarantor. This is because Nigerians are afraid of giving out their names as guarantors because of the risk they might be exposed to in case the other party decides not to pay or absconds from work.
Sample Of A Guarantor Letter
CEO of Adelum Stell
16, Ajaniki Street
Letter of Guarantor
I, Lucas Damien, confirms that Kenneth Damien, who has been employed as a cashier in your company as of today, 20th of February, 2023 is of good character, upright and dedicated.
As his guarantor, I hereby affirm that my niece, Kenneth will do right by your company in her department, following all the rules and regulations as well as being responsible for whatever equipment she is been given. With this, I also want to declare that I will be responsible for any loss or damage to the company property.
What are the important details needed for a guarantor letter?
- The full name of the person you are writing a letter to
- Their date of birth
- The employer’s contact information
- Their occupation, job title, and description
Being a Guarantor entails more than just acting as a representative; it is taken seriously in many organizations.
Sample of Guarantor Letter in Nigeria for Job Employment
16, Thomas Ajayi
Lagos State, Nigeria
Letter of Guarantor
I, Jamil Olami confirms that Joy Peace, who has been employed as an executive in your company as of today, 20th of February, 2023 is of good character, upright and dedicated.
As her guarantor, I hereby affirm that my niece, Joy will do right by your company in her department, following all the rules and regulations as well as being responsible for whatever equipment she is been given. With this, I also want to declare that I will be responsible for any loss or damage to the company property.
Why Is A Guarantor Form Required For An Employee?
In Nigeria, an employee requires a Guarantor form to support his employment because:
- An employer could easily report an employee as committing fraud and refuse to pay the employee.
- A guarantor is a second party that agrees with the applicant that they will be responsible for paying any future benefits. This can be a parent or spouse who has been verified to have some income.
- The guarantor is also expected to pay the worker’s federal and state taxes.
- If the employee does not pay the taxes, this could make the employee ineligible for future payments from the Social Security Administration.
- The employer will still report the employee as a non-reporting SSN if the employee does not have an SSN.
- If the applicant cannot afford a guarantor, then there are other options available to him. As an employer, you can provide him with a letter instead of a form, which could be changed by you at any time if needed.
To the Guarantee:
The form must be completed in English and should include the names of all parties involved and details about their family situation. The guarantor form must also include the following: residence address of each party; each party’s bank account details; estimated monthly income of each person; and, last but definitely not least, utility bills marked with dates (to show proof of living at this address).
What are the responsibilities of a guarantor on behalf of an employee?
The responsibilities of a guarantor on behalf of an employee are:
- Ensure any taxes are paid on behalf of the employee.
- If the employee cannot find housing on their own, find it for them.
- Be liable for any court costs incurred by an employee while on a work assignment.
- Provide sufficient funds and resources to allow temporary worker to carry out their work. This includes providing food, water, transport, and other necessary provisions.
- The guarantor is also expected to help with locating suitable employment opportunities and help them settle into their new environment, where possible. They should also be aware of the financial implications for both parties if the contract terminates early. The guarantor will also have expenses associated with employing an individual, such as paying recruitment fees, advertising expenses, etcetera.
- As a guarantor, it is important to ensure that all obligations are completed. It is not acceptable for the guarantor to refuse to assist a new employee or to exhibit unprofessional behavior. You can also be held responsible if you falsify documents in order to receive payment from the employee or if you misstate any details about the job position of an employee. In this case, you will be charged with contempt of court and could face a fine or incarceration.
- While acting as a guarantor, it is your responsibility to ensure that the required funds are always available, after which there must be transparency between both parties and any faults must be discussed openly and immediately for solutions to occur.
The guarantor form for an employee in Nigeria takes the employee’s information, their prospective employer’s information, and the person who agrees to be the guarantor of their honesty and integrity. The guarantor must undergo a verification process before signing the document. This is meant to ensure that only people who are trustworthy sign on as a guarantor for new employees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I write a guarantor letter to a company?
Write out your qualifications as a guarantor — your income, assets and other personal details supporting why you would be able to take responsibility should the tenant or borrower fail to do so. You can also list your accountant to testify to your financial state, as well as other character references.
Who is a guarantor for job application?
What is a guarantor? A guarantor is a person who can confirm your identity when you are applying for registration under the Indian Act or a status card as an adult or as the parent or legal guardian of a child or dependent adult.
What proof do you need to be a guarantor?
This usually includes A reference from a previous landlord or lettings agent. Bank details and a credit check to see your financial health. Employment history including your current employer and salary.
Can family be a guarantor?
You need a guarantor for your travel document application. As long as they meet these requirements, your guarantor can be anyone, including a family member or member of your household. You don’t need a guarantor if you’re renewing your passport.
What does it mean for a company to be a guarantor?
Guarantors are the owners of companies limited by guarantee. Directors are appointed by guarantors to manage day-to-day activities and finances on their behalf. Generally, a guarantor of a limited company is responsible for forming the company (if they become a member during the incorporation process.
- Uslegalforms.com – How To Write A Guarantor Letter for job employment in Nigeria
- Signnow.com – Guarantor Letter For Job Employment
- Sample.net – How To Write A Guarantor Letter