Recharge cards are like prepaid phone cards that you can recharge with airtime credit. They offer a convenient way of topping up your phone and reducing the risk of running out of credit during an emergency. So, if you have a business where you print these cards, it can generate considerable revenue.
The business in Nigeria is lucrative, but the competition is stiff, and most players are struggling to survive in this competitive environment.
Time is of the essence in Nigeria, and in no other business so much as the recharge card printing business. And this time sensitivity means that businesses must be adept at responding to changes quickly. This is more difficult than it looks because Nigeria’s economic sector has been volatile over the past few years, not just due to fluctuating oil prices but also due to unrest, violence, and crime. Yet change is constant, irrespective of what’s happening on the ground, so businesses need to stay on top of things by monitoring industry trends closely or risk being left behind.
Methods Of Making Money By Printing Recharge Cards
The demand for recharge cards is growing steadily in Nigeria, and this trend is unlikely to change anytime soon. There are various ways you can go about making money by printing these cards:
- Charge a one-time fee for printing the card or sell them in bulk and make money on every transaction.
- Sell branded recharge card packs that include predetermined airtime units for different value bundles (N300, N1000, N2000, etc.).
- Offer an optional post-paid service where customers can subscribe to a contract for a certain period, get the card printed for free, and recharge the airtime as frequently as they want.
- Your business will not grow overnight, and it will take time to build itself up. However, once people know you are in business, they will see you as an indispensable part of their lives.
- Make a point of getting yourself seen and heard at events where potential customers congregate. For instance, your cards can be used at any phone shop or electrical outlet that stocks recharge cards. You could even offer them discounts on your cards if they bring new customers who buy from you.
How to Start a Recharge Card Printing Business in Nigeria
Here are steps for starting a recharge card printing business in Nigeria:
- Choose a card type to print.
- Fill in the required information and upload an image.
- Wait for the internet printer to create your cards.
- Fulfill orders for customers with prepaid cards of various denominations.
- Keep a share of the profit.
- After going through the steps to start a recharge card printing business, you might have learned that it is easier and cheaper than starting a print business in Nigeria. You will not need any capital to start this type of business, which is why we are calling it the low-cost printing business model in Nigeria. Another plus to starting a recharge card printing business is that there are no competitors around! There are millions of prepaid cards in use right now, and we can bet that those users would need more cards. This means that you have unlimited demand for your products.
- Enhance your customer experience with text message alerts.
Materials Needed to Start a Recharge Card Printing Business in Nigeria
The materials needed are:
- Place to do printing work: You can configure your own workspace or buy a ready-made facility from any printer.
- Equipment to do the printing work: an inkjet printer, a thermal photo printer, a computer or laptop, and many more
- Plotter or pasteurizer
- Paper: There are a number of printers that provide different types of paper and paper stocks for your business needs.
- Solvent ink is the liquid that is used in inkjet printers.
- Media plate: this is used in an inkjet printer to transfer images onto printable plates.
- Rollers to position the media (ink) on a surface
- Blank recharge card
- You may require additional accessories, such as a recharge card color proofing book and blank vouchers, to perfect your printing skills.
- Inkjet printers are widely used in the printing industry, but they are not widely used in Nigeria because most people do not understand how to use inkjet printers to profitably print business areas.This problem can easily be solved using thermal transfer printers. These printers use heat to transfer the image from a media plate onto the various types of paper stocks you’ll be using to create personalized cards (recharge cards, gift vouchers, and student IDs) for local businesses.
Benefits of Starting a Recharge Card Printing Business in Nigeria
The benefits are:
- You will cut printing fees (offered by the card processing company).
- You don’t need a lot of money to start your business.
- The cards last for much longer than receipts or paper bills (offered by card processing companies).
- Your customers are more likely to spend their money when they see their purchase in person. (Not offered by card companies.)
- Better profits because you can track and monitor your business, as opposed to those who only use a card printer for personal use.
- Low start-up cost: you can get a card printer for as little as $500, and the materials to use to make the cards are quite cheap.
- You make more money because your merchant account fees are lower.
- not complicated to setup or function, and has no hidden fees. As long as you follow a few simple steps, you are set up and ready to go.
- You get free customer feedback at the point of sale (not offered by card processing companies).
- It tells you how much money you made on a specific day and over a specific period of time (not provided by card processing companies).
In regard to the recharge card printing business in Nigeria, it is possible for you to make money if you have a valid idea for your product. Additionally, there are many resources and pieces of information needed to help you get started. Lastly, the article concluded that the recharge card printing business in Nigeria is low-risk and has high profitability potential.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Start a Recharge Card Printing Business in Nigeria
- 1. Decide on Your Mode of Operation The first step in starting a recharge card printing business in Nigeria is deciding the level at which you want to operate. …
- 2. Get Some Training …
- 3. Get The Needed Types of Equipment …
- 4. Get a Shop/Kiosk …
- 5. Register Your Business …
- 6. Start Printing
What are the requirements?
The basic requirements are ; Laptop, Card Printer, Paper, E-pin
- Nigeriaprice.com – How To Start Recharge Card business in Nigeria Easily
- Rechargecardprinting – Recharge Card Business in Nigeria
- infomediang.com – How to Start Recharge card printing business