A WhatsApp business account is a business’s official number for their account on the popular app, WhatsApp. This is an avenue to engage with customers and potential customers, engage in conversations with prospects, and develop brand awareness. There are a few key ways that a business can use WhatsApp to grow their brand and build rapport with new clients.
If you want to create a WhatsApp Business account, don’t worry; it is going to be easy. All you need is your phone number and a little bit of information on how your business works. Here are some tips on how to create your WhatsApp business account:
1. Go to the Google Play Store and download the WhatsApp Business app.
Go to the Google Play Store and download the WhatsApp Business app. This is the first step, as you need to sign up for a WhatsApp Business account. Now, the app will guide you through what you need to do next, and in just a few minutes, you can be on your way. Now, if it’s not working, then there are some things that could have gone wrong during the process. Log into your Google Play account, go back to the App Settings page by long pressing on the icon of your app, and tap “Uninstall” in order to uninstall it. Then try downloading again from scratch, starting from step one again, unless there were any problems before arriving here.
It’s very important for business owners or managers running their own company to keep an eye on their costs when using apps like WhatsApp for communication purposes.
2. Verify the phone number for your company
Enter your country code and number and confirm that the phone number is correct. If the phone number is correct, tap Next and OK. You receive a verification code; enter the SMS code or tap “Call Me” to receive the code by phone. Refrain from guessing the code so you don’t get automatically locked out for requesting a new code. Follow the prompt to enter your name and allow WhatsApp access to your contacts. Send an SMS from another phone number to test the reception.
3. Decide on a company name.
This step is optional, but it is recommended that you create a name that reflects your brand or company!
4. Create a profile.
Go To More options under Settings > Your Business Name will appear.
The Features of a WhatsApp Business Account
The features of a WhatsApp business account are:
- Sending messages to a specific list of people
- Sending broadcast messages to all contacts
- sharing video, texts, and photos with one or more contacts
- Receiving notifications from groups that you are a member of
- Being notified when others share content with you
- Responding privately to conversations with one person at a time
- Changing who can see your profile
- Changing your name
- Adding and removing contacts
- Creating a group with a maximum of 500 members
- Changing the privacy of a group
- Using mobile number verification for security purposes
- Viewing the location history of your device or online account
- Viewing past chat history This is not a complete list. The WhatsApp business account gives you both basic and advanced features to manage your business.
What You’ll Need to Run a WhatsApp Business Account
The things needed to operate and run a business WhatsApp account are:
- A smartphone with internet access and WhatsApp
- A name for your business account It can be the business name or just a generic name that will make it clear what the account is about.
- To use the SMS feature of WhatsApp Business, you also need a mobile number that can be registered as a verified number in the account. Also, for certain features, such as merchant payments, you need to verify your account with an SMS code, or else you won’t be able to use these features.
- If you want your account to be accessible on a phone number that’s not in the country of service for WhatsApp, you will need to register your business account through WhatsApp’s international business account provider.
- All your messages and chat history will be stored within the WhatsApp Business app and only available to authorized users on the device used while they are connected (e.g., if it’s an iPad, only those who are using that iPad or logged in with any other device where they have authorized access will see it).
- For messages not requiring an instant response and for which you want to keep a record of the history, such as notifications from a shipping company or your client’s order, you can use WhatsApp Business’s chat history feature.
- Your business will need to have some sort of customer service where you can receive basic inquiries and inquiries related to the purchase that may need more information or follow-up.
- You will need options on your business account interface to be able to send quick replies that are pre-defined and send text messages to telephone numbers with variable content (i.e., variable products or services, add-on or upsell messages, payment information), as well as the ability to create templates for different types of questions.
Benefits of using a WhatsApp Business Account
The benefits are:
- Your account has been verified for security purposes.
- Your messages are encrypted.
- You can verify your identity with a business number.
- You can unlock new features, such as the WhatsApp Business API, to send automated messages.
- You can create QR codes to share via group chats, WhatsApp Web, and more.
The greatest achievement of WhatsApp is that the company managed to create something fast, easy, and small-scale. This is a huge advantage for those who are in business, but also for large companies. The potential that WhatsApp holds is enormous, and its potential has been seen across countries and industries. Due to its success, it is no surprise that other marketing companies have followed suit by creating apps with similar features or releasing their own messenger apps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a WhatsApp Business account free?
WhatsApp Business is a free to download app available on Android and iPhone, and was built with the small business owner in mind. WhatsApp Business makes interacting with customers easy by providing tools to automate, sort and quickly respond to messages.
What is difference between WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business account?
In short, the main difference between WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business is that the former is strictly for personal communication while the latter gives you some marketing tools. WhatsApp Business is a free option for small local businesses looking just for a way to answer questions and take orders via chat.
What is difference between WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business account?
In short, the main difference between WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business is that the former is strictly for personal communication while the latter gives you some marketing tools. WhatsApp Business is a free option for small local businesses looking just for a way to answer questions and take orders via chat
Can a normal person use WhatsApp Business?
Yes, you can use WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business on the same phone as long as you use a different phone number for them.
What are the requirements for WhatsApp Business?
- You can only register a mobile phone or a landline (fixed) number that you own.
- You must be able to receive phone calls or SMS with the phone number you’re trying to register.
- You must have all call-blocking settings, apps, and task-killers disabled.
- Whatsapp.com – How To Get Started With The Whatsapp Business App
- Kommunicate.io – How To Create WhatsApp Business Account
- Trengo.com – How To Open A Whatsapp Business Account