Blogging in Nigeria is a concept that is still relatively new. Social media has been around for a couple of years now, and people are venturing into the blogging world. In this blog post, we will be exploring how to start blogging in Nigeria by giving you tips on what blogging content should consist of, how to build traffic through SEO and social media, and lastly, how you can monetize your blogs through sponsored posts or affiliate marketing.
So you have an idea of what blogging is? Well, it is a story or recording of your experiences, and as such, you can use blogs to communicate with people online. As you build traffic and readership on your blog, it’s important to keep them engaged. This will help them return again and again. To be able to create the right blog content that keeps readers engaged, it’s very important that one pays attention to SEO (search engine optimization).
Who is a Blogger?
A blogger is someone who writes for a blog. The word “blogger” is an Internet slang word that denotes a frequent blogger or somebody who maintains or contributes to a blog. Blogs are typically maintained by one individual, occasionally with the assistance of contributors, who record thoughts in long (or short) form about any number of topics.
In general, blogs are rarely updated with new content on a regular schedule and instead serve as continuous streams of unedited thoughts. Some bloggers post entries daily or several times each week; others only publish once every few weeks or months.
Materials Needed To Start A Blog in Nigeria
The materials needed are:
- Internet connection
- Zip your file with your content.
- A domain name (example: www.yournichedomain.com)
- Alternatively, you can use Blogger to start a blog for free with your own domain name.
The next step is to register your domain name with a domain registrar and verify the WHOIS information associated with the domain registration by clicking on “profile” on the top right of your dashboard and following the instructions. Once you have confirmed this information in Blogger, you can proceed to WordPress installation!
How to Start Blogging in Nigeria
Here are the steps for starting a blog in Nigeria:
1. Complete Your Homework
Begin researching where and how you can do this as you build your blog. Blogs that are based on what people want to see will get higher traffic than those that don’t. You can try Googling blogs based on the niche or topic that you want to be a part of. Another way of doing this is by using Google Trends or the Yahoo Search website. At this point, it’s important to keep in mind that what works for one person may not work for another, so don’t start blogging just like that without doing some research.
2. Consider the following
Most people start blogging without having a concept of what they will write about. It’s important to know what you want to write about when starting your blog. If writing is something that you like doing, then it will be a lot easier for you, which will also result in better blogs. You can talk about what happened around you, review a product, or do anything else that interests you.
For bloggers who are just starting out, it’s important to come up with a topic they have an interest in. If one is not new to blogging and has done it before, they can start building on the kind of blogs they already have.
3. Allow Plenty of Time
There are those who think that once they get their blog up and running, people will automatically start seeing it, but this doesn’t happen immediately.
4. Write a blog post that you would like to share with your community
When writing a blog post, think about what your community wants to know, what types of content are popular on your channel, and how you would like them to feel after reading it. This is a great step because it will show you exactly what you want to write about.
5. Stable Internet Connection
Ensure that you have a reliable internet connection, meaning your blog should be accessible from your home or any public Wi-Fi. If you do not have experience in blogging, we recommend selecting a platform and hosting package that includes training and tutorials.
6. Do research
For a blog to strive, research what topics are most popular among readers. They are both quite popular keywording terms. You should be able to commit at least 40 hours per week so that your blog can grow and also attract more visitors. That time will include posting articles and updating the blog every few weeks or months, depending on how often you update it.
The Benefits of Blogging
The advantages are:
- It is a powerful tool for branding and marketing.
- Blogging can provide an intimate connection with your audience while offering opinions and sharing stories.
- You will be able to learn new information as you write without having to translate it into another language.
- Blogging is also effective when it comes to conveying emotions and building trust with your readers.
- Blogging can help you establish credibility in your field and build a community around your blog.
- It will also enable you to reach a wide range of people who are interested in what you have to say about your subject matter.
- Blogging helps to leverage the expertise of others.
- This social activity can be done from anywhere and at any time, so it is very flexible.
- Blogs are a great source for leads and building relationships with other bloggers.
- You will be able to interact with the leaders in your industry through blogging.
- New content can be published on a regular basis, allowing you to reach your audience on a regular basis as well.
- A blog is a personal journal or diary.
- It can be an online diary that is public and accessible by anyone who goes to your blog.
- It’s a way to share your thoughts and feelings, socialize, communicate feelings, thoughts, and ideas with others, as well as engage in discussion.
- They can be used as a marketing tool for bloggers.
By having a blog, you will have the opportunity to be creative and emphasize the message that you want the world to hear. All of these things may sound like good reasons enough for why it’s worth creating a blog. If they are not, then I would advise considering how blogging can help advance what might otherwise be mundane jobs such as transcribing interviews or other administrative tasks.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do bloggers get paid?
There are five main ways bloggers make money: ads, affiliate marketing, sponsored posts, products, and services.
What kind of blogs make money?
- Digital marketing.
- Blogging and making money online.
- Health and fitness.
- Personal finance and investing.
- Recipes and food.
- Personal development and self-care
Why do bloggers fail to make money?
Lack of discipline is another reason why you will never make money blogging. Most bloggers take the pain to set goals, write plans, and establish priorities but they fail to succeed because they lack the discipline to either execute their plan or stay focused on their plan.
What type of blogs get the most traffic?
Lifestyle blogs are the most popular type of blogs you can find online. They have a variety of readers, interested in topics ranging from culture, arts, local news, and politics. This gives the blogger a wide range of topics to cover, making it easier to plan their content strategy
How does a blog looks like?
A blog is a type of website where the content is presented in reverse chronological order (newer content appear first). Blog content is often referred to as entries or “blog posts”. Blogs are typically run by an individual or a small group of people to present information in a conversational style
- Kristiehill.com – How To Make Money With a Blog
- Rockcontent.com – 8 Best Blogging Platforms To make Money
- Coschedule.com – Creative Blog Post ideas that will Delight Your Audience