How Does Opay Work- When the word “OPay” pops up, what comes to the mind of an average Nigerian was: bike hailing service. In 2029, OPay was all out as ORide, helping people move fast from one location to another in busy cities like Lagos, where traffic jam is a daily norm. Unfortunately , ORide service was grinded to a halt following the ban of motorcycles by the government in major cities in the country and also economic hardship caused by the Covid-19 lockdown .
But did OPay fold up? No , rather it underwent what I call Metamorphosis to become a digital money platform which is fast becoming a household name. It appears this current form of Opay is even more stronger than ORide. In this article, you will discover the current form of Opay work, both for individual and commercial purpose.
How Do Opay Work
In the next paragraph, I will be guiding on how OPay work.
How To Use Opay
Opay is a mobile money platform created by Opay digital services limited. It was launched in 2018 and is licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). It offers digital financial services in over all the 36 states and FCT of Nigeria.
Opay digital platform serve two purposes
- Personal purposes
- Commercial purposes
1. Personal Purpose
This is how Opay work for personal purpose:
- Purchase of airtime and data on major networks in Nigeria (MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile
- Payment of electricity bills
- Cable Tv subscription such as DSTV , GOTV and Startimes
- Transfer of money to other Opay users and also normal bank accounts
- Loan services for people needing urgent cash. OKash
- Savings and Investment opportunities
- Others such as depositing money on bet platforms for betting activities
How To Open OPay Account For Personal Use
- Download OPay app from google playstore or iOS store.
- Go ahead to launch the app
- Then create an account and fill in the required details
- Provide your BVN, a means of Identification and an utility bill.
2. Commercial Purpose
As an Opay agent/ merchant, you can make some cool cash offering banking and financial services in your neighbourhood/ community. All you need is to register as an OPay merchant and start earning. Here is how OPay work for commercial purpose
Becoming An OPay Merchant
As an OPay merchant, you enjoy a lot of benefits such as:
- OPay offers trusted and reliable services
- Platform is licensed and regulated by the CBN
- OPay offer low fees and easy way of transaction
- Transactions are instant, your wallet gets funded instantly and customer’s transactions are also instant. No waiting.
- You get to make a lot of money providing financial services to your community
- You will given FREE POS to carry out your transactions for your customers in your community. With the POS , you can do cash transfers, pay bills, savings, etc.
- There is 24/7 support services for you through their trained customer support representatives.
About OPay Mini POS
Opay recently introduced a mini POS which has a lot of advantages over the regular POS. Some of these advantages include:
- Highly portable, more functional and more durable than the conventional POS
- Allows you perform different transactions, withdrawals, deposits, airtime and data purchase, payment of bills and some other mobile banking services.
- You get to enjoy lower charges
- POS is usually free, no deposit fee, no hidden charge
How To Set Up An OPay Merchant Account
Here is how to set up an OPay merchant account:
- Download OPay from your google playstore
- Then register your account following the instructions
- When done, email ng-support @ opay-inc . com to request for an OPay merchant registration form
- The following documents would be required of you: BVN; Utility bill ( not older than 3 months); National ID card, driver’s license or international passport; Passport photograph
How Safe Is The OPay Digital Platform
OPay, established in June 2018 is a safe mobile money app. It is licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria. This financial digital platform is in partnership with some reputable companies like Google, MTN, Flutterwave, Interswitch. OPay is located at Alexander House, Otunba Jobi Fele Way , Ikeja in Lagos, Nigeria. Office is usually open between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Other Features On The OPay Platform
1. OPay Earnings
There are two ways you can earn on OPay platform :
- OPay Referrals
- OPay Merchant
OPay Referrals: When you invite family and friends to open account on OPay, you earn 150 naira and when those you invite, invite others, you will be paid 30 naira. You can invite as many people as possible.
OPay merchant has already been discussed in detail.
One of the ventures operated by OPay is OKash, that offers quick loan to people. It is a loan app that does not operate paper transaction and do not require you going to queue at the bank. You can access loan of up to 50,000 naira.
How To Use Okash
- Download OKash app from your playstore
- Fill in required details
- Apply for loan
- Loan gets approved and you receive payment in a short time
- Repayment of loan before or at due date
This is a savings feature that enables its users save money with an interest of 15% per annum . Also, the platform allows customers make withdrawals anytime without any hidden charges.
How To Use OWealth
- Download and install Opay app from playstore
- Sign up by filling in the required details
- Fund your OPay wallet
- Then subscribe for OWealth by clicking on it
- Then fund your OWealth account, this you do by filling the amount you want to invest
- You will receive an alert once successful
- Your interest will be credited into your OWealth account
You can withdraw at anytime from your savings without any penalty or charges.
I believe you now understand how Opay work. Opay is a mobile money app is highly beneficial both on individual basis and commercial level. In fact, a lot of jobless Nigerians are now making money as Opay merchants.
Frequently Asked Questions
What bank is Opay affliated with?
Opay is affliated to Blueridge microfinance bank. The bank provides all the financial support needed.
Is my BVN required when opening an OPay account?
Yes. Your BVN is required to open an OPay account, also your utility bill, national I.D card, driver’s license or international passport is also required.
Is Opay regulated and approved by CBN?
Yes. Opay has the full approval of CBN to carry out financial transactions digitally.
- www. opayweb. com – OPay
- www. vanguardngr. com – How OPay is improving consumer’s lives
- www. naijatechguide. com – OWealth –Savings & Investment Plan by OPay
- www. makemoney. ng – Opay: How to use , make money, get loans and more